Max is THREE months old today! He is still happy and smiley but is now mastering the art of holding his head-up, laughing and shaking a rattle. He changes every day. Sadly, I won't be able to view this changes as closely starting this Thursday. Thursday marks the day that I will be going back to work. Although. thankful for a job and excited to see my co-workers, I am SO going to miss hanging out with my little buddy all day. It has been the most wonderful THREE months of my life... seriously! Everyday when I wake-up Baby Max and he greets me with a wide, wiggly grin, I am in awe of the handiwork of God right before my eyes!
Just one year ago today, little Max was conceived. I know that probably sounds like too much information, but in Max's case is was nothing short of a miracle. That morning just 12 months ago on December 13th, Wade and I battled traffic and a terrible snowstorm to arrive at the fertility clinic almost an hour late for my procedure. Luckily, the clinic staff allowed us to proceed and, that morning, eight microscopic eggs were harvested. Later that day, these tiny eggs were fertilized under a microscope and were placed in a warm, cozy incubator. That was the beginning of Baby Max!
Wade and I were nervous when the doctor called us the next day and told us that our embryos did not look good and were not making much progress. He ranked most of the embryos at a THREE out of four, with one being perfect. Luckily Max was a fighter and did a miraculous turn-around, allowing the doctor to implant that tiny embryo in me just THREE days later. The morning of the implantation, December 16th, I got to witness an amazing miracle. I looked into the microscope and saw a tiny little flower.
Then, just 8 tiny cells, this embryo would grow to become our beautiful little boy. After THREE years of heartache, God preformed a miracle! The amazing power of God as the creator and the sustainer of human life was never more clear to me than on that day. After THREE years of praying and trusting God for a miracle, I am so thankful for God's faithfulness today as we celebrate Max's THREE months of life!
"For you formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Ps. 139:13-14



You make me cry, as usual:) I remember this time last year. It's crazy all that can happen in a year. God is so amazing and faithful. Max is such a little blessing! Enjoy your last day of maternity leave tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLauren, you are an amazing writer and I LOVE your blog...thank you for sharing parts of your journey! Babies are such blessings...God is sooo good! :)
ReplyDeleteTracy Grabowska
Yay Lauren! I'm so glad you enabled comments! I've been following your beautiful blog about your lovely baby boy, and too, am in awe of Gods handiwork. Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, indeed!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for those three months and the endurance God has give you both! Love you so much
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad Max is here in the world with us! So amazing to think after all the time of trying, waiting, trying, waiting, he is here! and is already three months old. Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete