Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm Back!

Being a full-time working mom has been a big adjustment for me.  I don't care what anyone says... it is hard, sad, stressful and extremely busy!  These last few months I have learned the hard way to be OK with a house that isn't clean, to disregard the to-do list, to be able to say "no" to things that I can't commit to, to eat peanut butter and jelly for dinner, to turn off the phone, computer and TV... and, instead, to take a deep breath after work and simply sit on the floor with my precious Baby Max.  I could spend hours just watching him discover the texture of the carpet or jump a little higher in his Johnny Jump-Up.  I have always heard parents talk about how their babies were changing and learning something new everyday....but is REALLY is true.  During the week, I only get about two hours with my little guy a day, so I try to soak up a days worth of time (and pictures) in those short two hours.  I never forget that Max is an amazing miracle, an answer to our prayers, and a very unique, special little person....Crazy!

So, if I haven't blogged....I have been talking baby talk, reading books, taking pictures, giving baths, introducing solid foods, singing lullabies and finding new ways to make Baby Max laugh.  I have enjoyed every minute of it!!  I have been working on a number of posts since Christmas and have lots of stuff in draft mode, so you'll find a number of belated posts ahead (or behind)... Oh well... who's counting??




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Lauren! Always fun to read your posts:)

    ReplyDelete